We met friendly people, ate delicious food, listened to the funny, strangely familiar language, enjoyed the beautiful landscape and breathed fresh air. Mehmet now officially wants to move there - well, who knows, maybe one day, he will :)
The picture above was taken at a racing track which was close to our little cottage, an extra bonus for my kids. There´s so much we did - far to much to fit into ine blogpost without boring you all away.
So I´ll try to concentrate on my favourites:
Then, slightly more dutch...
and Ronja being the queen of goats on the little farm we visited on the last day.
Furthermore, without pictures, I loved:
- Cooking Indonesian food and telling my daughters about colonialism.
- Running at night, in the rain, at the beach, being almost faster than my husband, and watching the sand blow, in the dark, that was beautiful beyond words.
- Random dutch people, on the playground or in the tram, who show us their country and give us the best tips on where and how to have a good time, all amazingly fluid in german.
- My favourite toystore in Amsterdam. And having enough money to raid it.
- Hitting aliens in the little casino, together with my family.
- That weird nightclub I went to with Tim.
- The fireside. Sitting by it, writing, reading, singing.
- Candy tasting like marihuana.
- Rainbow colored marzipan.
- And: Music like this on the radio in the car, when the clouds tear open and the sun shines over the sea:
So yes... we love Holland.