Sunday, February 14, 2010

Want a glass of tea?


This quick and easy project is perfect for grandmother´s birthday. All you need is:
Some glasses from the dollar store (I bought 6 for 5 Euros), a dremel and nice designs like this:
I think any design would do, as long as you feel you´re able to get it on the glass. We had a few tries on an old glass before, to get a feeling for the dremel on the glass. Then, you put the desired picture inside the glass, and follow the lines. That´s all. You might want to wear a scarf around your mouth, because of the glass dust.
My kids only do the designs, I do the scratching because I think it´s pretty hard to do. I would let Eva, my 8 year old hold the dremel, but she doesn´t feel safe with it. But since we started this, they present me designs every 5 minutes and are totally thrilled to see their pictures on a proper glass. We keep these glasses at the top board and are only allowed to take them out when guests come, so they won´t break.
Oh, and music. Almost forgot to leave you some music. This is the song I listened to the most, this week. Must be around the 200th time I´m listening to it, now. And singing to it. And trying to play it on the guitar. Sigh.
As I applied with this post for creative jewish mom´s craft scooling sunday, let me add this link:

4 comments:

Dana said...

What an awesome idea and your glasses look fabulous!

Phyllis said...

What a great project with kids. Thanks for sharing this idea.
-Phyllis

Paola said...

Love this idea, will have to try my hand at them. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

golden goose
supreme hoodie
kobe shoes
off white
hermes
yeezy boost 350 v2
hermes
bapesta shoes
cheap jordan
off white outlet