Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This past week...

I went to Cologne with my Eva...
 and got her her first full scale violin.
Ain´t she beautiful? I posted a similar picture some years ago, when she got her first violin, a 1/2. It´s a rental one, but it´s quite a fine rental one, and I love when she plays for me. The current piece she´s practising is "God save the Queen", and I love that even more :) And from time to time, I feel the need to post some pics of kids with instruments, because I love seing them enjoy what I enjoy.
Also, I´ve been teaching her some simple chords on the guitar, so she can now play some of her favourite Swiftie songs all byherself. Which results in another picture:

On another angle of the universe, I´ve still been sewing on the 50 little sportsbags I promised to make for my sons´ kindergarten.I´m at number 28, and I really don´t like any green anymore... 

Then...
we had sweet guests over, Tim´s cousin came with her two beautiful daughters,
 who loved to play music, too.
I got a little drunk on Elizabeth George´s new novel, which I sort of soaked up and neglected all social contacts for, and then I really, really enjoyed Stephen Kings new 22-11-1963. And if you believe Stephen King is cheap horror, then you´re really missing out. To me, he´s a master of vivid language and realistic characters and heart gripping plots.
I also put princess Leia in a jar...
 ...actually, that was Mehmet. Who put them in a jar. I printed and laminated the Starwars Preschool set from Homeschool Creations for them, and they freaked out with joy over it. And are constantly playing with those small cards, even taking them to bed.
And, yes,
...we´ve been practising French, and, in the case of my husband, Spanish,
...and we´ve been poking sticks into the river. The usual.
And musically...

...well, that´s not a surprise, is it? Though I actually am surprised how much I am in love with this new album of her. Usually, when I really love an artists, my expectations become so high that I almost have to be dissapointed with a new album. At least, I was pretty dissapointed with John Mayer´s Battle Studies. But this album - I adore every single song on it so far. I can´t decide which one to tab first, or to listen to, I wish I could listen to all of them simultaniously. I think my favourite song today is this one, because... we´re all the same, under a different name, aren´t we? I should get this line tattoed :)

No comments: