Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween this year...

makes me feel alive :)

Never in my life have I been so occupied with Halloween preparations as I have this year, and I love, love, love it.  I worked in school this week, and even though I enjoyed the space I had during fall break, nothing beats working with children. We made paper pumpkins...
 
(I got the idea from this blog, and they are perfect for school, because they are easy, cheap, non-messy, you can fold them and carry them in a schoolbag, and I like the "Wooo-hoo!" when the kids get to finally open their pumpkin), and we also made napkin ghosts...
and read ghost stories and sang creepy songs and painted lanterns... well, I spent about 8 hours in school this week, and at the moment is almost feels like I should pay for it, because it´s so, so good.I t feels like a permanent exchange of encouragement. I tell the children how absolutely genius and perfect they are, and they reward me with waiting for me everyday and bouncing around me and hugging me whenever I enter the room. 

I also spent some time in kindergarden this week, because I volunteered to organize a Halloweenparty. So I assembled decoration and music, carved pumpkins (again!), thought up games and iced around 50 monstercookies:  
and as soon as I finish this post, I will head back to the kitchen, to continue with my strawberry ghosts. And to have a look at my vampire cloak, to see if I find a way how to remove all those cat-hair... and no, the laundry didn´t help a bit. Any ideas?

But this is just small stuff, anyway :) The best thing, the so-to-say pinnacle of my non-existent career as a library girl is the upcoming .....


.......

Twilight-Night!

So, tomorrow night, I´m going to host the Twilightnight in our local library, an event I´ve been looking forward to for months. I labelled my blood-bottles...
(I found the lables, and also the cupcake wrappers below on Maggies Dinner Dates ), I made, of course, cupcakes...
and decorated them...
and even found some hilarious eclipse popcorn in the Dollar store: 
I washed and ironed my nice black dress, picked the chapters I´m going to read, and we´ll rock the library. We have a button machine and are going to print T-shirts, I raided the internet for tons of cheesy pictures, we´ll make bookmarks and, of course, got the legal rights to show the movie in public. I´m so looking forward to discuss this book, that really touched me , however strange that is, with a group of 20 teenage girls. Seems like a dream come true :)
So, what are you doing this Halloween? Any celebrations going on? Anybody out there in rotation and bliss at the same time, too? Leave me a comment, okay? 

And, musically, I´ll leave you... well.. not with a song from the moovie, because I didn´t like the soundtracks. I´ll embaress myself even more by confessing I really, really like Taylor Swifts new album speak now. It´s predictable, sweet girl pop, and I feel comfortable in it. Did I tell you I got up at six in the morning on Monday so I could get tickets for her concert, in the front row, for me and Eva? Think I didn´t :) Tell you, that is.  I got the tickets, and Eva and I annoy the crap out of the rest of the family by telling them how ultimatly cool this is going to be :) So, I think my favourite from the album is: 
Yep, of course it is. Such a lovely, creepy waltz. I can really imagine dancing a nice living room waltz to this, if only the lyrics weren´t so disturbing... but that´s what makes it intresting, right? :) And it is almost 7 minutes! Very nice, so I don´t have to press the replay button every three minutes. 

And this one´s another lovely waltz to dance to:

No comments: