Sunday, January 19, 2014

So...

...I just took a month off blogging.
It´s not like I didn´t want to blog, but at first, during our holidays, I just allowed the days to flow by - and after that it´s so hard to get started again - especially after school started.

So before I´m back with my regular tutorials/look-what-crazy-things-we-tried posts, this is just a quick catch up on what we spent our time with during January - since this my diary, you know :)

 photo DSCF6563_zps7a4882f9.jpg
We took a beekeping class. We, that´s me, Ronni and Tim, and it was just the first class - we´ve got two more booked, and I bet there are some more meetings to follow - we´re pretty much decided on installing a backyard beehive as soon as spring´s around the corner.

 photo DSCF6567_zps6265b7ee.jpg
We dug around in the garden. Because the winter is soft and mellow, just as I like it, and we´re looking forward to planting stuff.

 photo DSCF6612_zps12e36107.jpg
We had friends over, lots of them, and made waffles and vanilla sauce and hot raspberries.

 photo DSCF6059_zps7391d134.jpg
We took the time to finally finish that roller coaster Ronni won on the craft´s fair - it took ages, but it´s finally running and proves to have awesome meditation qualities:

 photo DSCF6060_zps6ade9352.jpg
Also, we took the time to play with our Christmas presents - assemble Mehmets little diorama houses and read many thick books and work with watercolors - man, I was so hungry for that. The kids tried working on a stop-motion movie with their Playmobil guys, and they blocked my camera for a long time - which is, in fact, another reason why I didn´t post.

 photo DSCF6037_zpsc009172c.jpg
We celebrated Eva´s 12th birthday, and yes, that´s Harry Styles from One Direction standing next to her cake - she got ticket´s to their concert for her birthday, oh, and that´s one nice gift for me, too :) I´m so looking forward to taking my giggly, bubbly young lady out for some proper boyband-adoring screaming :)

And we celebrated her birthday with a vampire dinner yesterday:
 photo DSCF6614_zps4a5768f6.jpg

So, there I am. I prepared several nice, proper craft posts to follow up during the next week - but for now, I´m going to bed - terribly early for me, but there´s school tomorrow -  starting at 8, some writing in between, and then some more school until four... but I think I´ll be enjoying it.
Also, I applied for a writer´s class in spring. Trying to sell Simon Summer. But that´s a completely different story :)

Music:

I discovered this band about a month ago, and I really fell in love with their cozy, cam music - it´s so gorgeous for drawing or writing.

No comments: