Friday, August 5, 2011

Campinglove

So we´re home!

And what did we do?
We got stranded at a small campsite close to Den Haag.
And called this our home for a week.
And I actually, really enjoyed it, though I´m usually not such a campinglover. But maybe, that always had to do with the fact that at least one of my kids used to wake up through the night, and on a campsite, this is especially annoying. But hey, now I´ve got big kids!
I can sleep through the night!
They can even cook dinner!
  
We took walks at the dunes...
and collected lots of seashells...
and had long night walks at the beachpromenade with glowsticks, lanterns and campfires on tables: 
We tried the most delicous Gouda we ever had...
(The pesto Gouda was to die for!)
 And we bought, of course, tulip bulbs in Amsterdam...
and I´m thrilled that I´ve found that one sort that I´ve got tattooed on my shoulder, and can now plant it in our garden.
We dried our clothes on the warm car (psh! Don´t tell my father in law!)

We visited the Esher museum in Den Haag, and while the female fraction of the family highly enjoyed it, especially Miro wasn´t able to treasure the dreamlike beauty of his drawings, and behaved as if he was feeling physical pain walking through the exhibition. 
 
So we took them to a theme park...
and Ronja rode all the rollercoasters and torture machines she could find with glee. 
We flew kites at the beach....
...and marvelled at the huge variety of Vla...
(for those who don´t know - that´s a dutch pudding, quite soft and liquid, and in Germany only available in chocolate and vanilla. Can you see his jaw drop?)

We got tanned (this is the before picture :) ), and played hopscotch at the beach...
and ate fish and chips....
and ate extremely delicious cooking bananas, 
fresh from the stove, and topped them with cashew butter. Dutch food, I tell you!

So, it really was quite nice :)
Furthermore, we read russian fairytales in the tent while it was pouring, found a terrific toystore in a small street in Amsterdam, showed our kids what the hardrock cafe is all about, met many dutch children, laughed really hard when Miro fell into a pond, chased some doves, were amazed by the dutch love of bikes, and Tim tried, unsuccesfully, to convince me to bungee jump. I did that allready, when I was 18, so I don´t need to as an old woman :) And I wrecked one camera, and got a new one. And I read one of the most beautiful books I know  a second time, and it was even better than the first time.
 
And now we´re home, and I´m listening to AMy Kuney, whose music I really missed: 

3 comments:

Creatrish said...

he he you are back! look like you had a great time! Hope the weather was good cos here it wasn't very kind! love the tulip bulbs shop and the kiss! so sweet! xxxx

Dana said...

I love love LOVE the family picture. So different from the usual one, where everyone is always on top of each other. Looks like it belongs in a magazine :)

Anonymous said...

golden goose
supreme hoodie
kobe shoes
off white
hermes
yeezy boost 350 v2
hermes
bapesta shoes
cheap jordan
off white outlet