Monday, September 6, 2010

Sigh...


...I hate it when a book is over. Especially when it was one of those fast-read books, you know, the kind of book that keeps you in bed most of the day (´xept for the time you have to pick the kids up at school. And cook dinner. But you know what I mean.) And to top it all, I didn´t realize it was the first part of a series until I was about 50 pages away from the end and wondered how on earth the author wanted to solve all those problems in that little time. Sigh. She just didn´t. And now leaves me after a day of demonslaughtering and unrequired love in a daze, the book-daze, you know? When you just don´t want to leave the fictional world, not yet.

My music for today is Alison Krauss. I found her four years ago, during a time I didn´t listen to music at all, just because we watched that movie, "Oh brother, where art thou" She wrote the soundtrack, and I was hooked ever since. When my twins were very little, I used to sing her songs to them, during those long nights. But singing Alisons songs is never satisfying, once you know the original. She has the most stunning female voice I know:
I saw her live when she toured with Robert Plant. I wish she once came back with her original stuff.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say I'm a fan of Alison Krauss as well. I haven't listened to her for a while, but a years ago I used to all the time and now when I hear her songs it reminds me of that time in my life...funny how music can do that! Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog.

Carrie