Monday, May 24, 2010

Sewing and singing.

Yep, I did some sewing. Well, actually I made this baby two weeks ago, but then I didn´t have a camera, so I couldn´t show you. I found the awesome tutorial for this on Hope Studios, and the moment I saw it, I knew I had to make one. Of course a more black and white version, with the scraps from Evas cherry dress, you know I´m a sucker for black and white patterns.

So, I thought the weekend couldn´t get any better. Guess what? It did.
You know, I´m always complaining about how artists I love never come to tour in Germany, because nobody knows them here, and how I´d love to see them live.

This morning, I found out that Ingrid Michaelson plays a concert in Cologne, practically fifteen minutes from my doorstep, on Thursday. I immediatly convinced my husband to babysit our kids, got tickets for me and my friend, and now I can´t stop smiling and singing her songs. I hope they´ll allow taping, or at least taking pictures. I´d love to share this with you.

Oh, and did I mention the day after we´ll go to PinkPop Festival, and I´ll be seeing John Mayer??? A long, long time ago, before my husband and I had kids, we used to go to a festival each may. We actually had our first kiss at Rock am Ring. We stopped when I was pregnant with Eva, so it´s been nine years since I last camped in the mud and bounced to some cool music. This is a first, made possible by some very nice friends, who´ll take care of our four children. It would be awesome even without seeing my absolute, ultimate guitar hero I´ve been having a crush on for the last.. um... three years.
I´ll smuggle a camera with me for this, I´ll really try. And I´ll camp in the first row to get some pics :-)
And I really hope he´ll play this:

No comments: