Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not scrapping, just living :-)

I wish I could show you a neat layout I finished, if not a nice template, but I haven´t been scrappin the whole year - I actually hardly even took pictures. Well, yesterday was the birthday of these two, so I sort of had to take one:
Did I ever tell you the twins were actually born in a tub? Not in this one, but in the one in our old flat. That was, by the way, one of the best days of my life :-)

Today we went to the zoo, I tried again the impossible task to take a picture where all of them look cute and natural and which is not blurry, well...It doesn´t get better than this... but hey, I like it. It´s them. My kids!

My husband and I took kind a trip to the past this week when we got a call from one of our very, very old friends, Pepe. He maybe was our best friend back then in 1996, our friendship even survived him and me kissing though Tim and I were a couple already, but then we lost contact when we all moved to different parts of the country. So, it was quite a huge surprise when he called and told us he has a daughter now, and my heart was beating all over and Tim and I are still talking about it most of the time. He also told us bout another friend of us, a girl I was pretty close to (we had both thrown an eye on Tim :-), and he told us, she´s a mother now too. And she actually named her first son after my husband, does this freak me out? Does this completely FREAK ME OUT? (But in a good way :-) )We´ll meet him and his little family next week, , and the other little family, too, we´ll introduce our kids to each other and talk about the good old times like old people, and I´m loving, loving, loving it!

Him finding us made me google myself, and on my old school page I found this picture of me, when I was 18, sleeping on the floor of a bus on the way to Avignon, France: Looks like a stranger and myself at the same time. I remember I was furious I had to go on a three week trip without Tim, who was my boyfriend back then, and pestering everybody because of it. And I remember I always took my space to sleep, wherever, when I was tired. I never could sleep on a seat. Sigh. We´ve all changed so much. And at the same time, not at all. I was in there, allready.

After this post, my music for today simply has to be Alanis Morissette. In those years, from 1996 to 2000, we listened to her almost too much. We listened to her music, drank Cidre to it, played her songs on the guitar and fell in love to her music. For us, it was her music who made growing up more magical than it maybe is. She is, and will always be, my life´s soundtrack No. One hit.

No comments: