Friday, February 14, 2014

Apple Soup

 photo DSCF6572_zpsde68bdea.jpg

This recipe was invented by my mother-in-law, and it´s super easy, cheap, delicious and nutricious. And a big family hit. So I´m sharing it.

You need: Apples, chicken broth, curry and some cream. That´s it.
You peel and slice a whole bunch of apples and throw them all into a big, family sized pot. Then, you cover them with chicken broth and let them boil until they´re soft. You can go and play in the meantime, or load the dishwasher, or smoke a cigarette, whatever your heart desires.

When your appples are nice´n soft, you take a blender and mash them all, including the broth, until they are nicely homogenized. I love that word, by the way. Okay, and then you´ll simply stir in the curry and the cream, and enjoy your hot, fruity soup. I like it especially with white bread and butter, and it goes well with bacon, too. If you want to go vegetarian, just replace the chicken broth with vegetable stock - I like the chicken version better, but I know it works just as well.

So, there you have it. A hearty, warm soup for Valentine´s Day :)

Music:

And some oh so very romantic music!

No comments: